The MFI-17 Mushshak (The Proficient) is a light-weight, robust, two/three seats, single engine, predominantly all metal aircraft with tricycle fixed landing gear. It can operate from any short un-prepared strip and is completely independent of any kind of ground equipment.
Super Mushshak (The Agile) – advanced avionics is an upgraded version of Mushshak fitted with a more powerful engine, cockpit air-conditioning, electrical instruments, and electric cum manual elevator and rudder trim.
Training Role: Mushshak meets the requirement of a modern primary training syllabus and is an ideal basic trainer. Aircraft is ideal for:
- Basic flight training
- Instrument flying
- Aerobatics, stalls and deliberate spins
- Night flying
- Navigation flying
- Formation flying
- Forward air control
- Forward area support with droppable supply containers
- Artillery fire observation
- Camouflage inspection
- Border patrol
- Target flying and target towing for training of ground units
Engine (Super Mushshak)
- Type: Textron Lycoming IO-540 V4A5
- Power: 260 HP (at 2700 RPM at ISA conditions)
- Cylinder: 06
Propeller (Mushshak) A Hartzell, USA two-blade constant speed metal propeller is installed on the engine
Design Criteria: The basic design philosophy behind Mushshak offers an aircraft with:
- Flexibility, covering both army co-operation and primary flying training.
- Excellent forward and downward visibility supplemented by a good rearward visibility.
- Good ground clearance even with bulky under wing stores and high crosswind capability for operation from narrow strips and roads.
- Up to 300 Kg/660 lbs external load carrying capability (including pylons).
- Heavy duty landing gear.
- Large baggage compartment in the rear part of the cabin easily accessible through a door on the port side of the fuselage. This space can also accommodate a third crew member.
- Good handling characteristics.
- Good short/rough field performance.
- Fully aerobatic capability, maximum limit load factor +6/-3 in Aerobatics category.
- Ease of maintenance and repair even in field.
- Structure life of 8300 hrs.
- Low radar signature.